Tartu is in the final round for Estonian cities aiming to become European Capital of Culture in 2024. Our main theme is „Arts of Survival“. As UNESCO City of Literature, we are also expected to provide an internationally attractive range of literary events. Tartu is inviting European and global organisers of literary events to present project ideas contributing to a strong European dimension of our artistic programme.
We expect your idea for a large-scale literary event or a series of events to address one or several of the following issues:
- Environmental awareness and ecological activism
- Redefining urban nature
- Learning and teaching practical life skills
- Addressing mental health issues through arts
- Bringing rural communities to international attention
- Transforming and reinterpreting city spaces
- Recording and rewriting subcultural history and maverick identities
- Surrealism, especially in Eastern Europe
- Digital solutions for reconnecting people with literature, urban space and direct action
- What is the working title of your event or series of events?
- Who are your local, European and global partners?
- Who is your partner organisation or contact person in Tartu?
- Who is the intended audience?
- How does your idea involve schools, the elderly, and the ethnic minorities in Tartu and Europe?
- How do you plan to involve UNESCO Cities of Literature?
- What kind of resources do you expect from Tartu 2024 (funding, management, marketing)?